200HR Yoga Teaching Certification
Apply here to get started today!
Click here to read feedback about Breathe Into Awareness Training.
Breathe Into Awareness is a Yoga Alliance Registered Program.
About our manual
Our 200-Hour Manual is the product of countless hours of effort by our instruction staff. It currently stands at 533 pages and is a unified, chaptered document, both print-ready and easy to use on iPad or eReaders.
Our program is offered as 10 Modules
Our program is offered modularly - meaning you take the modules as a la carte as workshops (see below). These workshops are open to anyone to attend, but all must be completed for Yoga Alliance registration.
In order to enhance the learning experience, self-study, group projects and workshops will be encouraged outside of scheduled workshop hours to help solidify topics covered and can be arranged according to your personal schedule.
Choose our Weekday or Weekend Program
You can choose to take our Weekday program or our Weekend Program, but not both (ed. you pick one and stick with it; too difficult for us to manage if people are jumping around). The material covered in both programs is identical. Upcoming Weekday and Weekend training dates and times are outlined below.
Yoga Alliance Registration
After you complete the program requirements (attending all modules, completing homework, quizzes and practicum), you will be eligible to apply with Yoga Alliance should you choose to become a Registered Yoga Teacher. Upon completion of the coursework, and depending on your own practice, you will be prepared to share the gift of yoga with others.
Pricing & Refund Policy
The pricing for both the Weekend and Weekday programs is identical as is the content.
- $2,860: for all 10 Modules if you Pay As You Go
- $858 Deposit required before you begin
- The deposit is applied towards three Workshops/Modules and you will receive our full manual. Once your deposit is received, you can begin your Practicum Module, taking the 40 Group Classes, Observations, Assisting and begin on self-study assignments you will find in our manual.
- $2,574: for all 10 Modules if you Pay Up Front
- Refund Policy: You can receive a 90% refund 7-days prior to each module. We withold 10% administrative and processing purposes.
- Our manual: a comprehensive 500+ page document that explores all aspects of teaching yoga, chaptered by module and available electronically (ed. take it from me, it's pretty great)
- In-depth lessons from teachers who have become experts in particular fields of yoga study and have a passion for learning as well as teaching.
- On-going mentor-ship as long as you need us.
Additional Variable Costs
- Books (costs vary based on purchase location)
- Cleansing Materials for Lifestyle Curriculum
- Asana - Learn how the asanas are built from the foundation up and you will be confident teaching the beginner as well as the seasoned practitioner. Contraindications concerning special populations will be emphasized and safety will be stressed greatly. We will discuss common injuries and special populations such as pregnancy, and medical conditions often found in group yoga classes today.
- Pranayama - You will be taught many pranayamas and the effect they each have on the body and their contraindications as well. (Includes anatomy & physiology of the breath)
- Meditation - Learn a variety of meditation practices as well as Yoga Nidra
- Learning Styles -We all learn in a unique way.
- Teaching Styles - We will help you learn various teaching styles and assisting styles. We become confident by repetition - find your inner yoga and learn even more about your own practice by watching, observing and actively assisting others during live classes.
Anatomy and Physiology
- The Physical Body - "Physical Anatomy and Physiology" You will come to understand healthy movement patterns, benefits, and contraindications of the asanas through the study of various bodily systems.
- The Energy Body - "Eastern Anatomy and Physiology" We will explore the energy body including the Nadis, Marmas, Chakras, as well as the Psychology of the chakra system.
- Each Asana module will correlate with the physical anatomy as well as the energetic anatomy.
Philosophy, Ethics, and Lifestyle
- History of Yoga
- Sanskrit Basics & Mantra
- Ayurveda of the Body and Mind
- The Yoga Sutras and the Bhagavad Gita
- Ethics of Yoga: Living Yoga off the Mat
- Yoga Lifestyle: Diet, Cleansing, Cultivating a Personal Asana, Pranayama, & Meditation Practice
With our feet firmly planted on the Earth, our body comes into alignment and the fluctuations of the mind are tamed connecting us to our True Nature and the realization we are a part of the whole. It is then we experience Yoga. This module acts as an introductory to all aspects of yoga, focusing greatly on Standing Asana, Breaking Down Suryanamaskar, & Anatomy of The Physical & Energy Body (Root Chakra) as it pertains to Standing Asana. Asana: Foundation Poses, Standing Poses, and Suryanamaskar. Energy Body: Introduction to the Chakras and Chakra 1, Physical Anatomy: Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology with further study of the Feet/Knees & Overall Core Line as they pertain to Standing Poses, Intro. To Pranayama
As seasoned yoga practitioners, we often forget fundamental aspects of yoga. Many seasoned students have mentioned this module has made them aware of habits they had adopted that were not healthy for their bodies. It is also a learning experience to see those who are new to yoga experience it for the first time. This module will teach you how to work with and modify for beginning yoga students. You will receive handouts from our successful beginning yoga series which is carefully planned so that each lesson builds appropriately for a holistic approach to yoga, including sections covering anatomy, philosophy, and meditation for the beginner. At the end of the module you will teach the series to friends and/or family to experience the challenges and rewards of teaching the beginning yoga student. Safety Review Group Activity: Read Safety Articles & Answer Questions In Class with Discussion to Follow
Being "in the flow" of life is effortless and harmonious. When our intentions are formed with awareness, life happens through us, rather than to us. This module focuses on the importance of healthy movement and stability of the pelvic girdle with hip openers & pelvic stabilizers, with special attention given to Athletes and Expectant Mothers as well as the Psychology behind the Sacral Chakra. Asana: Hip Openers, Energy Body: Chakra 2, Pranayama: Dirgha & "Wave Breathing" , Physical Anatomy: Pelvis/Psoas/Knee, Special Population: Pregnancy & Athletes with Introduction to Yin Yoga
Life has many twists and turns and with conscious awareness we can reach our goals and at the same time empower others when we are aware of how our actions create the experiences or lessons needed in order to achieve them. Exploring the Core Line of the body and the Energetics of the Spine, we organically practice Twists from the inside out. Special consideration is given regarding Back Injury and Pregnancy and the Psychology of the Core Chakra is explored. "Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness." ~ James Thurber Asana: Twists and Suryanamaskar Con't. Energy Body: Chakra 3, Physical Anatomy: The Spine & Control with the Core Special Populations: Pregnancy & Back Injury, Pranayama: Sitali and Kapalabhati
What makes yoga, YOGA, is the understanding that the unity of Body, Mind, and Spirit is practiced beyond the mat, making yoga a part of our daily life. This module incorporates the aspects of yoga we can use beyond our mat. With the understanding of the history and ancient texts and the application of Yoga's sister science, Ayurveda, yoga becomes more than a practice, but a way of life. Includes History, Sages, Sutras (8-limbs), The Bhagavad Gita, Sanskrit & Chanting Basics, & Basics of Ayurveda Homework/Reading: Ayurveda (Body and Mind) This module requires the most homework preparation including Ayurveda by Vasant Lad and Ayurveda and the Mind by David Frawley
In many cases, we spend hours of our days with the shoulders drooping and the hip flexors tightening from our lifestyle of sitting more often than we move. From this lifestyle come sometimes-debilitating injuries such as lower back, hip, and knee. Learning to utilize the entire spine, moving in a healthy range of motion with freedom in the hips and shoulders, we can enjoy forward bends and back bends in a safe and nurturing way, offering alternatives for expectant Mothers and those with current or previous back injury. This module also explores the Heart Chakra, Pranayama, and Metta Meditation. Asana: Forward and Backbends Energy Body: Chakra 4, Pranayama: Expanding The Rib Cage for a Deeper Pranayama Practice & Ujjayi, Physical Anatomy: The Psoas, Lower Back/Sacrum, Glutes, Weak Links of the Spine, Special Populations: Back Injury/Disease & Pregnancy
Lila is the Sanskrit word for Divine Play. The practice of yoga keeps us looking and feeling younger. Recent medical research has suggested that the aging process is hormone-regulated. The Five Tibetan Rites are said to normalize hormonal imbalances, activating the endocrine system associated with the Chakras in the body, thereby holding the key to lasting youth, health, and vitality. This module explores The Five Tibetan Rights, Balancing Asana, The Bandhas, and the Throat Chakra. Asana: Balancing Poses Energy Body: Chakra 5 & The Path of Kundalini, Pranayama: Nadi Shodhana & Bhramari Physical Anatomy: Bandhas, The Core Line, & Healthy Feet
Through the stabilization of the Core Line, Shoulder Girdle, and Pelvic Girdle, we begin to explore turning our world upside down and holding ourselves up both physically and spiritually. While we work through transcending the Lower Egos, we explore techniques associated with the Third Eye and Crown Chakra, bringing greater awareness to our body as well as our spirit. Asana: Inversions & Arm Balances: Energy Body: Chakra 6 & 7 , Physical Anatomy: Stabilizing The Shoulder Girdle & The Pelvis Meditation: Tratak & Transcending the Lower Egos Business of Yoga: Practice Sequencing/Planning/ Learning Styles/Environment/Ethics
"In deep meditation the flow of concentration is continuous like the flow of oil." Patanjali. Exploring the inner practices of The Right Limbs of Yoga, This module will explore 6 different meditation techniques designed to give the student a broad view of how different meditation practices can be applied to different learning styles. With mindfulness meditation as the corner stone we will explore and practice the following: Insight /Tratak/Mantra/Metta-Loving Kindness/Mandala Coloring/Walking: Additionally we will explore Restorative Yoga and Yoga Nidra. Restorative Yoga is nurturing and gentle practice using pillows and props, it is beneficial to students with special health needs, those in caretaking positions and those seeking a calming and renewing adaptation of classic Hatha Yoga poses where extended time is spent in several passive postures meant to relax and heal the body of the stresses it endures in everyday life. Yoga Nidra is a guided meditation practice that invokes a deep conscious sleep-state. Yoga Nidra encourages total transformation towards a positive direction in our life, eliminating the root cause of negatives such stress, depression, anxiety, insomnia, etc. which keep us from living our full potential and truest nature. Yoga Nidra strives to train the mind to access and heal the subconscious and unconscious mind with the addition of our Sankalpa. The Sankalpa is a short mental statement which is impressed on the subconscious mind when it is receptive and sensitive to suggestion during yoga nidra. In other words, what seeds do you wish to grow in your life? Yoga Nidra when combined with your Sankalpa, feeds the roots of those seeds. Homework: Write a guided meditation script and lead our fellow class mates
Practicum requirements can be started as soon as we receive your deposit.
- 5 hours assisting Breathe Into Awareness Instructors
- 10 hours of class observation (observe a variety of teachers/styles)
- 40 Group Classes with Breathe Into Awarness Instructors
- Develop a Lesson Plan and Teach a Karma Class at Blue Anjou to show mastery of the skills you have learned during training
Each Module Has Required & Recommended Reading and Additional Self-Study Homework. Our book list is extensive and we suggest Amazon and Half Price Books to keep the reading materials cost affective. The Guided Self Study consists of approximately 50 Hours in Reading and Assignments (Topics chosen will be distributed between Techniques, Teaching methodology, Anatomy and Physiology, Philosophy, Ethics, and Lifestyle.)
* In order to enhance the learning experience, self-Study, group projects and workshops will be encouraged outside of scheduled workshops hours to help solidify topics covered and can be arranged according to your own personal schedule.